Inconsistent lipper classifications

I have noticed inconsistencies in the global lipper classifications between the refinitiv documentation and the datascope select rest api.

Documentation

In the documentation https://www.refinitiv.com/content/dam/marketing/en_us/documents/methodology/lipper-global-fund-classification-methodology.pdf I see on page 11 that there is a lipper classification called "Equity Sector Information Technology".

Rest API

When I send an ExtractionRequest for ISIN LU1279334210, I get

"Lipper Global Classification": "Equity Sector Information Tech" (instead of Technology)

Here is the full request

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.CompositeExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
            "Lipper Global Classification"            
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                {
                    "Identifier": "LU1279334210",
                    "IdentifierType": "Isin"
                }
            ],
            "ValidationOptions": null,
            "UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false
        },
        "Condition": null
    }
}

Best Answer

• bob.lee
    Answer ✓

@maximilian.syndikus , I believe this is a mismatch of the document and the implemented data in Lipper. I checked other Lipper applications, they all show the "Tech" not "Technology". As this is unlikely an issue at API/Product level, it will be nice if you can raise to the customer support. They should check with the research team and the content team to offer you an answer.