RTO latency in AWS using PrivateLink

Hello there!

Just asking general question - what is decent latency with Refinitiv RTO service (being in same location or using VPC)? I deployed my app in AWS Tokyo, create endpoint (showing that its works ok) at same AZ and using websocket connection have delay of updates like 150-160ms in average.

In my case it doesn't seems that PrivateLink reducing some latency, to be honest. Or is it possible to beat 150ms delay from Refinitiv servers?

Best Answer

• Gurpreet
    Answer ✓

@wmx642,

I second that - how are you measuring the latency? Are you trying to find out the end-to-end latency using the exchange timestamps. In this case the latency will vary widely and depend on the geographic location of the market, you are requesting the data for.

Answers

• Hello @wmx642 ,

We have confirmed with our RTO team that according to our testing, in Tokyo we are seeing latency through the AZ of sub 5 milliseconds.

Can you please describe how you are measuring latency on your side, in both cases and what you observe?

• Thanks a lot for your replies!

I subscribed for US Economic Indicator with Real Time RIC and just compare SRC_ES_NC field from update and my machine timestamp of getting this update (for direct request i spend 5ms indeed).

And my example from today: update from USNFAR=ECI with SRC_ES_NC: 13:30:02.004 and i got it at 13:30:02.228

• Hi @wmx642,

You are trying to subscribe to a source in US from Tokyo - there will be a significant latency, similar to what you are observing. If this latency time is important to your application, please move it to a US east AZ.