From the NAICS variables available in Eikon, how can I determine which variable relates to the Canad

Although the Canadian NAICS and the US NAICS are broadly similar, they still have some small differences.

I want data on the Canadian NAICS but Eikon does not identify in the NAICS description if the variable relates to the Canadian NAICS or the US NAICS.

Best Answer

• raksina.samasiri
    Answer ✓

Hi @APlummer ,

Please find the below comments from the content team for the raised query

We follow The North American Industry Classification system (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.

Organization-level NAICS code is assigned to fully represent as many business lines engaged by an entity as possible, we assign up to 10 NAICS codes are assigned to each entity. NAICS codes are also assigned in a hierarchical order of revenue contributed by corresponding business. An official search site of NAICS http://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics should be used for searching the most appropriate code
    We do not use the Canadian NAICS.

Answers

• Hi @APlummer ,

Thank you for posting the question in this forum, however, the moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk.

Hence, the best approach is to reach out to Eikon support directly, by submitting the question via MyRefinitiv rather than posting on dev forums.

To be of help, I have opened a support case on your behalf, case 11918528, please expect an Eikon support expert to reach out to you shortly, via the email address you registered on the developers portal.

Hope this helps.