Entity Lookup 401 Error

The code below used to work perfectly, now it is returing a 401 error. Any help would be appreciated. Note the API key has not expired.

import requests
import json
import csv
import re

# def get_lookup_info(ticker, access_token):
lookup_url = 'https://permid.org/'

headers = {
'Accept':'application/ld+json'
}

access_token = "FqL8ome1GAvAPv6NQ0lRQ1fNLYbLFipW"
ticker = "1-21548755953"
response = requests.get(url=f'{lookup_url}{ticker}?format=json-ld&access-token={access_token}', headers =headers )

response

Edit: I have even tried the official software using many other keys from our department, all end up in errors. Error is first code block, and execution code third code block.

ERROR:openpermid:<Response [401]>, {'Date': 'Wed, 18 Jan 2023 19:33:16 GMT', 'Content-Type': 'application/json; charset=utf-8', 'Content-Length': '52', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'X-Cnection': 'close', 'Access-Control-Allow-Credentials': 'true', 'Vary': 'Origin', 'X-Cache': 'Error from cloudfront', 'Via': '1.1 d7790c7504b110faa52e9641bf06a578.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)', 'X-Amz-Cf-Pop': 'DFW56-P3', 'X-Amz-Cf-Id': 'tAP9Yj_NCHREsP1eBikoXjX_AZ5IDAAtClX1eQR6sa7K0XQRgkYyjw==', 'CF-Cache-Status': 'DYNAMIC', 'Server': 'cloudflare', 'CF-RAY': '78b9c2e56b0d29b4-ORD'}, {
"message":"Invalid authentication credentials"
}
(None, 'Unauthorized: {\n  "message":"Invalid authentication credentials"\n}')

from OpenPermID import OpenPermID

opid = OpenPermID()
opid.set_access_token("FqL8ome1GAvAPv6NQ0lRQ1fNLYbLFipW")
opid.lookup("1-5064690523", format='dataframe', orient='row')

Best Answer

• @islashires @d.snow So I have checked this service using the Python package and the following is working for me:

opid = OpenPermID()
    opid.set_access_token("YOUR TOKEN HERE")
    opid.search("Microsoft",format='dataframe')

1674560618074.png

Can you both check this to see if this works for you- I also updated the python library using "pip install OpenPermID --upgrade". I cannot seem to get the opid.lookup service to work - I am getting the same invalid credentials message as you are. I am speaking with the product team and will report back.

Answers

• @islashires Thanks for your question and apologies for your issue, I have also tried this on the OpenPermID site itself and I am getting an error as well - so I believe there is some problem with the service itself: 1674114519043.png

I have escalated this to the Service Owners who are now investigating and I will get back to you as soon as I hear anything. Please bear with us. I hope this can help.

• Hi @jason.ramchandani01, I am struggling with the same as I realized my program failed and stopped updating. Has the team been able to check this out? Cheers Derek.

• Hi @d.snow Sorry to hear you are facing the same issue - the issue is being investigated by the Development Team and I have requested an urgent update from them ASAP. I will post on here as soon as I hear anything. Please bear with us. I hope this can help.
  • Thanks @jason.ramchandani01 we are able to run your function too. And you are right, the look-up seems to be the problem. We currently use it in a microservice for daily updates and have switched it off. I will add a google colab notebook for replication too.

opid = OpenPermID()
    opid.set_access_token("FqL8ome1GAvAPv6NQ0lRQ1fNLYbLFipW") # tested my creds and other users

It's good to know that the product team is working on it. Please let me know if there is any updates.

Cheers :)

• This is still an issue, does anyone know when this will be resolved?

• Hi, We have tried this with both registered and un-registered users and we are not able to replicate this issue from our end. Can you please send us the detailed steps to replicate this?

• Hi the thread is full of examples of it not working.

I will add a google colab notebook for replication too.

opid = OpenPermID()
    opid.set_access_token("FqL8ome1GAvAPv6NQ0lRQ1fNLYbLFipW") # tested my creds and other users

• @islashires @d.snow @dharvey

On behalf of the product team, I need to apologize for the trouble you've been having with Lookup API. My team and I are doing everything we can to resolve this as fast as possible. We will update you further on the progress in this thread. I apologize again for any inconvenience.

• Thanks
    @aleksandra..wawrzyniak we are looking forward to the solution! Please keep us up to date.
  • @islashires @d.snow @dharvey

We have made the changes in the Lookup API and your code should be working now. No changes are needed from your side.

Aleksandra