How could I get "Regular Dividends - Stock" from eikon api?

I would like to get all the events and dividends for a ticker using the eikon api. Let`s consider the ticker SRL.N.

I am using this code below to get events:

EVT_FLDS = [
"TR.CAExDate",
"TR.CACorpActEventType",
"TR.CAAdjustmentFactor",
"TR.CAAdjustmentType",
"TR.CATermsOldShares",
"TR.CATermsNewShares"]
params = {"SDate": '2000-01-01',
"EDate": '2023-01-20',
"CAEventType": "All"}
df_events, _ = ek.get_data(instruments=['SRL.N'], fields=EVT_FLDS, parameters=params)
df_events.dropna()[::-1]

And, I am using this code bellow for dividends:

params = {"SDate": '2000-01-01',
"EDate": '2023-01-20',
"dateType": "ED",
"SORTD": "TR.DivExDate"}
DVD_FLDS = [
'TR.DivExDate',
'TR.DivUnadjustedGross',
'TR.DivPaymentType',
'TR.DivType']
df_div, _ = ek.get_data(instruments=['SRL.N'], fields=DVD_FLDS, parameters=params)
df_div.dropna()[::-1]

However, I am not able to get the "Regular dividends - stock" for dates 12-Nov-2021 and13-May-2021, as it is available at the eikon platform, see figure below:

srlndiv.png

Best Answer

• @alexandre.almeida

Yes, you are correct. It doesn't return the "Regular dividends - stock" events.

Please contact the Eikon Excel support team directly via MyRefinitiv and ask for the =@TR formula which can be used to retrieve the "Regular dividends - stock" events. Then, if the formula is available, you can apply the same formula to the get_data method to get the same data.

Answers

• @alexandre.almeida

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can try this code.

df, err = ek.get_data(["SRL.N"],
                          ["TR.EventStartDate","TR.EventType","TR.EventTitle"],
                          {
                              "SDate":"2019-01-01",
                              "EDate":"2023-01-01",
                              "EventType": "ALL"
                          }
                         )

df

The output is:

1674447700296.png

For more information, please refer to the Data Item Browser and Eikon Data API in Python video which demonstrates to find available fields and parameters in Eikon Data API.

• Jirapongse ,

I run your code, but it hasn`t returned me the field I am looking for. I want "Regular dividends - stock" for dates 12-Nov-2021 and13-May-2021. See image bedlow:

srlndiv.png

Also, the link to Data Item Browser and Eikon Data API in Python isn't working.