DSWS guide & other questions

Hi team, a few questions regarding DSWS:

1. Which python package is the official and will be continue supported one, DatastreamDSWS or pydatastream?

2. I tried (DatastreamDSWS) df = ds.get_data(tickers='VOD,BARC', fields=['PH','PL'], start= '-2D', retName = True) but got error below:

TypeError: get_data() got an unexpected keyword argument 'retName'

May i know the reason?

3. May I know any detailed instruction or user guide for DSWS? The ones in my.refinitiv.com or developer community seems too simple. Some questions like how to get unit/date/explanation/source/meaning of retrieved value are not mentioned in the user guide, and i don't know where to find them since it's not mentioned in navigator as well.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• @Julian.Bai

I can't find an official document regarding DatastreamPy. You can contact the Product team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm this.

You can use the |N suffix to get the return name.

df = ds.get_data(tickers='VOD|N, U:IBM|N',fields=['EPS1TR12'],
                     kind=0)
    df

The output is:

1676273993946.png

Regarding the "pip install" command, it may be blocked by the proxy or firewall (Zscaler). You can try the following options when running the pip command.

--trusted-host pypi.python.org --trusted-host pypi.org --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org 

Otherwise, please contact the Zscaler team to whitelist these names.

The DatastreamPy library may not be available in Conda.

According to the Exception("Invalid JSON Date"), it could be a bug in the API. I can replicate the problem too.

1676274129450.png

Please report this issue to the Product team (Refinitiv Datastream Web Service) directly via MyRefinitv.

Answers