Receiving an error from RFA : RFA Exception OmmInvalidUsageException dictionary retrieval failed (ti

Do you know how to configure my RFA to use local field dictionary file instead of downloading that from upstream system or TREP ?

We are receiving below error when try to connect one of publisher server.

Receiving an error from RFA : RFA Exception OmmInvalidUsageException dictionary retrieval failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds)Receiving an error from RFA : RFA Exception OmmInvalidUsageException dictionary retrieval failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds)

Best Answer

• wasin.w
    wasin.w admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @ryusuke.kamimura

I must admit that I am not the C++ API Guy. However, based on my research the RFA C++ rfa::rdm::RDMFieldDictionary class also has the same kind of methods as follows:

• readRDMEnumTypeDef()
    • readRDMFieldDictionary()

rfa-fielddictionary-2.png

Hope this helps.

Answers

• Hello @ryusuke.kamimura

The error message indicates that the API cannot get the Real-Time dictionary information (either RDMFieldDictionary or enumtype.def) from the OMM Provider on time.

About loading local data dictionary files, you can use RFA Java FieldDictionary.readRDMFieldDictionary() and FieldDictionary.readEnumTypeDef() methods as follows:

rfa-fielddictionary.png

Please see more detail on the following RFA Java example in the API package

- StarterConsumer.java

- com.reuters.rfa.example.utility.GenericOmmParser.java

• Hi @ryusuke.kamimura

Additionally, you can use the RFA Java parameter "dictionaryRequestTimeout" to adjust the time (in milliseconds) to wait for a provider to send back dictionary responses before timing out the dictionary request and sending a dictionary close request back to the application.

dicttimeout.png

• Hello @wasin.w

Many thanks for your quick response and answer.

However, we need c++ reference.

Do you have any reference for C++ ?

• Hello @wasin.w

Many thanks for your quick response and asnwer.

We need C++ reference.
    do you have any reference for C++ ?

• Hello
    @wasin.w

Thanks a lot for your info. This helps a lot.
    let us give it a try and get back if any issues.