Earnings Calls Events via Eikon API

Hello

I am currently attempting to get the Event Names for all earnings calls for a company over the last 10-years using the python API.

my query looks as follows:

calls, err = ek.get_data(
instruments = company_name,
fields = ['TR.EventStartTime', 'TR.EventStartDate', 'TR.EventType', 'TR.EventTitle'],
parameters= {"SDate":'2013-01-01', "EDate":'2023-01-01', 'EventType': 'ECALL'})

However when using certain companies (AT&T for example) my query returns 7 events when in reality when using "ADVEV" I should have at least 40 events returned

Thank you in advance

Best Answer

• raksina.samasiri
    Answer ✓

Hi @martin.koall ,

I tried to produce with RIC "T" (AT&T) and got a response with 39 rows

also, put the same filter in the ADVEV, there're 39 records returned as well, the filters are

• Events Date: 2013-01-01 to 2023-01-01
    • Company Event Type: Earning Calls and Presentations

1678680026234.png

Hence, I cannot reproduce the issue you reported, could you please provide the screenshot of the result you've got from the Python code and the ADVEV (including the filters applied). Please also try to print if there's any error text stored in the variable "err" in Python Code as well.

Hope this helps and please let me know in case there's any further questions.

Answers

• Hello

thank you for your response, it indeed works with AT&T, however i can name Weyerhauser (WY) as an example where it does not.

Using ADVEV i get 51 results, using the pythonm code:

calls_wy, err = ek.get_data(
    instruments = 'WY',
    fields = ['TR.EventStartTime', 'TR.EventStartDate', 'TR.EventType', 'TR.EventTitle'],
    parameters= {"SDate":'2013-01-01', "EDate":'2023-01-01', 'EventType': 'ECALL'})

I get 7 results (see picture)

1678699424953.png

1678699458319.png

Thanks in advance for your help

• @martin.koall

I ran the same code and got 40 results.

1679298442025.png