Some question about Eikon api

why "USDCNY=R" code is invalid Ricode when using ek.get_timeseries method?

Is unit existed when getting bulk community price by using ek.get_data(instruments='XAU=') ? if unit exists, what field represent this unit.

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Jirapongse admin
    Answer ✓

@joneliu

Yes, it is invalid.

I checked the previous case and found that we dropped this RIC around 2015. The alternative RIC is CNY= which represents the spot rate CNY against USD.

1687771723253.png

However, please contact the content support team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm it.

Answers

• Hi @joneliu ,

Thank you for your question. I failed to find the RIC USDCNY=R in Refinitiv Workspace either, perhaps you can check the validity of the RIC from our Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv.

As it comes to the fields for your second request, you may find fields from Data Item Browser of Refinitiv Workspace (by typing DIB in Searchbox) or again raise a query via the HelpDesk. Please note that moderators of this forum are not content expert and we address more programmatic and API usage related question.

Another useful trick for identifying available pricing fields is by using rd.geta or rd.get_history functions of our latest RD libraries for Python and leaving the field parameter empty. The request bellow returns all available pricing fields from get_history function:

import refinitiv.data as rd
    rd.open_session()
    rd.get_history(universe='XAU=')

screenshot-2023-06-26-at-113258.png

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Haykaz

• thanks your answers

About the second question,

what I need add in fields to get bulk commodity's unit?

1687767222702.png

• @joneliu

CNYUSD=R is avaialble.

1687767229248.png

1687767544941.png

• Are you perhaps after this field - LOTSZUNITS?

• thanks!

your answer is useful
  • thanks your answers

but I need USDCNY=R's value , it's not invalid