I have a user that is interested in the Real Time Research API via Refinitiv Data Platform. Can you

I have a user that is interested in the Real Time Research API via Refinitiv Data Platform. Can you confirm if this API runs on Linux?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @Camillemm7

Can you clarify more detail about the "Real-Time Research API via Refinitiv Data Platform"? Is it the Refinitiv Data Platform (RDP) APIs HTTP /discovery/search/v1 or /discovery/searchlight/v1 API? If so, please be informed that they are the core RDP APIs which are the HTTP web-based APIs, so they can be used on any platform including Linux.

You can find more detail on the RDP APIs page above and the Search - complimentary service page.

If the client wants to use the service via the ease-of-use Refinitiv Data Libraries, there are Python, TypeScript, and .NET libraries for the clients. The Python and TypeScript editions are platform-independent, so they should support Linux OS (I am not sure about the .NET edition).

• Note: Only the Python edition is Production-ready, the TypeScript and .NET editions are still in beta release.

I hope this information helps.

• In addition to the above answers, there are Research samples in Python available in developers forum which would also run on Linux.