eikon api daily limit reset time

Hi team, my client is asking about daily reset time of eikon data api download limit quota. Before it was 00:00 hkt, then they found on 28 June, it change to 15:40; on 2 July, it changed to 10:00; on 9 July, it changed to 14:40. All time stamp are HKT. So may I know what exactly is the limit reset time everyday? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Answer ✓

@Julian.Bai

I got this update from the product team.

Current behavior. Reset time - 24 hours from the first request. That is, if the first request was made at 9 a.m., the reset will be the next day at 9 a.m.

In the next version, this behavior will be changed and the reset will occur at 00:00 every day.

Answers

• @Julian.Bai As far as I am aware the reset time of the download quotas is midnight local time. I very much doubt anything has changed. I will double check with the Dev team to check the current behaviour and revert here.

• Out of interest what is the local timezone of the machine? Any how do they assess when the quota is refreshed?
  • Hi Jason, thanks for your answer. The client is in HK so UTC+8 should be the time zone. I only know they access via api but not sure what do you mean by "how do they assess when the quota is refreshed"?

• @Julian.Bai

The API doesn't provide a method to check the current usage or quota.

How does the client know when the quota is reset?

• let me ask the client...tks for the advice. Please let me know if there's any change or incident on the reset, thanks in advance!
  • Hi Jira & Jason, the client judging reset time by viewing log. If I can provide log, could you help to check?
  • The information shared is very helpful.

wordle hint