Login Rejected. Watchlist size of 250000 for 'RSSL' connection is outside of range [15001, 100000] s

Hi,

I am getting warning in the title whenever i am trying to connect with Realtime Optimized. Is it completely governed by the watchlist type i am connecting to ? Or can it be due to connection type as well ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for the response @raksina.samasiri , What is the connection between Tier sizing (Watchlist size) and number of RICs(and fields) i am subscribing to ?

• Hello @thilinaillangasinghe

I highly recommend you contact your Refinitiv representative to check this information for you.

• Note: you need to provide your Machine ID to the team too.

If you use the Service Discovery, the API/SDK automatically connects to the RTO server that matches your subscription tier.

Please try the Cons450 (EMA C++) or ex450_MP_QueryServiceDiscovery (EMA Java) example.

• Thanks for all the replies. In my case as it seems, i've been using same RTO account details in multiple systems. As a result collective watchlist size exceeds account limit.

Still not clear how should i decide to which watchlist size i should be subscribing to based on number of RIC and field count i am subscribing to.

Is it, (Total RIC count x Field count)?

Based on the Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized Install and Config Guide document, Refinitiv defines VIPs by tier, region, and availability zone. The RESTful call to Service Discovery auto-filters by tier, using the maximum number of items (known as max-watchlist) as specified by your Machine ID configuration.

watchlist-1.png

watchlist-2.png

I highly recommend you contact your Refinitiv Representative to check your total subscription RICs with your tier.

Regards to the "i've been using same RTO account details in multiple systems." message. Please be informed that if you are using the Version 1 Authentication (Machine-ID GE-A-XXXXXX-X-XXX), it is not advisable to use a single Machine-ID with multiple sessions/applications. I highly recommend you reach out to your Refinitiv representative to get multiple Machine-IDs if you want to run multiple applications/sessions.