How to use Eikon API to get Commodities RIC code by input parameter provider symbol?

PROV_SYMB = 'm2401';

RIC_CODE = 'DSMF4';

1692870864871.png

Answers

• Hi @xuke,

If you're using Python, I would suggest using the rd.get_data function:

test_df = rd.get_data(
    universe=['DSMF4'],
    fields=["PROV_SYMB"],
    # interval="tick"
    )

1692872193291.png

You can use this function with the Eikon Desktop App. More info on this here.

• @jonathan.legrand thanks jonathan. I'm afraid there is a misunderstanding. How to use PROV_SYMB to get RIC code?

1692929195453.png

1692929213068.png

• Hello @xuke

There is the Eikon Data API get_symbology method, but I think it does not support your use case because the API support CUSIP, ISIN, SEDOL, RIC, ticker, lipperID and IMO symbol type only.

symbology.png

• @wasin.w Thanks Wasin. Is there any other method? Cause we don't know the code in Eikon(CUSIP, ISIN, SEDOL, RIC, ticker, lipperID and IMO symbol type)? We only know the code in the local exchange.

• Hi @xuke, in that case, I'd advise using Search, have you had a look at it before?
  • 1692955623555.png

pls check my code where is wrong

• Hi @joneliu, the Eikon Data API is the old Python wrapper and it use to return 2 objects what were commonly named `data` & `err`, as you did. The new python wrapper, the RD Lib. for Python, is the one you are using here, and only returns one object. I would suggest replacing `data, err` with `data`.
  • hi Joanthan, would you please tell me the right field name? It returns the unknow property.

df = rd.discovery.search(

view=rd.discovery.Views.COMMODITY_QUOTES,

top=10,

filter="(ProviderSymbol eq 'm2401')",

select="ProviderSymbol,RIC"

)

{

"return_code": 500,

"return_info": "Error code 400 | Invalid filter: unknown property 'ProviderSymbol'",

"result": {}

}

• Hello @xuke

The PROV_SYMB is seems to be the Real-Time field. The data comes from the feed (exchange/data provider). I don't think you can use this PROV_SYMB field data to seach back to the RIC code.

prov-symb.png