Overcoming Eikon API Limitation: Collecting One Year of Financial News Headlines for DAX 40 Companie

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project where I'm using the "headlines = ek.get_news_headlines("R:BAYGn.DE IN ENGLISH")" with Eikon API to collect financial news headlines for DAX 40 companies over the past year. The challenge I'm facing is the API's limit of 100 headlines per request.

If anyone has tackled a similar task, I'd love to hear your insights. Specifically:

1. How can I efficiently loop through paginated API requests to gather all the data I need?

2. Are there any concerns regarding API quotas or rate limits for making a larger volume of requests?

3. Any advice on using Excel Add-In to retrieve financial news headlines?

Your advice and experience would be incredibly helpful in overcoming this hurdle. Thank you for your time!

Best regards

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Answer ✓

@novasbe37

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The ek.get_news_headlines method supports the date_from and date_to parameters.

date_from: string or datetime, optional
            Beginning of date range.

String format is: '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S'. e.g. '2016-01-20T15:04:05'.

date_to: string or datetime, optional
            End of date range.

String format is: '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S'. e.g. '2016-01-20T15:04:05'.

You can try these parameters to get the next news headlines.

Regarding the limitations, please refer to the Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline.

Otherwise, you can try the News Headlings endpoint (/data/news/v1/headlines) in the Refinitiv Data Platform. The endpoint supports pagination. For more information regarding the Refinitiv Data Platform, please kindly contact your Refinitiv account team or sales team directly.

For the question about Excel Add-In, please kindly contact the Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace support team directly via MyRefinitiv.