Can you confirm the App Id as inferred in the instruction book?

Dear Team, I am interested in working with the Eikon Data API and started with generating the key and following the instructions from the tutorials provided. But I want you to confirm the App Id as inferred in the instruction book:

You should save a text file with the file name (eikon.cfg) having the following contents:

[eikon]

app_id = YOUR_APP_ID_HERE.

As I have started with the Codebook (in the refinitv eikon) and inserted a new folder with a new file there for the Python code (as in the tutorial), and inserted a text file with the same two lines mentioned above, but it seems that the app id is incorrect since when the below code runs:

cfg = cp.ConfigParser()

cfg.read('eikon.cfg') # adjust for different file location

The result is [ ], instead of getting the same output in the tutorial, which is ['eikon.cfg']. On top of that, the other codes following this code were not running because I believe it is linked to that code. Thanks, in prior for your assistance.**

Best Answer

• wasin.w
    wasin.w admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Marlon.Pelipel

If you are using CodeBook, you can use 'DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY' string as your app key, then the API can detect your actual app key automatically.

ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')

You can see examples in 01. Data Retrieval and Discovery/01.04 Eikon (Workspace) Data API Path folder.

1693302849039.png