How do I download quaterly cash flow statement data for a specific set of firms?

Hi,

How do I download quarterly cash flow statement data for a specific set of firms? Let's say for example cash flow from operations. I am using the EIKON API framework in python.

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• @researhcer42 So I have written an article about lots of different fundamental content here. In short the code is as follows:

df1, err =ek.get_data(['IBM.N'],['TR.F.CashflowStatement.fieldname','TR.F.CashflowStatement.fielddescription','TR.F.CashflowStatement'],parameters = {'Period': 'FQ0','reportingState':'Rsdt', 'curn':'Native', 'Scale':'6','SORTA':'LISeq'})

df1

1699371427281.png

I hope this can help.

• Ohh this helps. Thank you. Is there an Excel file with a generic financial statement representation where I can just read off the EIKON variable names?

• @researhcer42 so as far as fundamentals go there are 5 I think different templates depending on the type of company (Industrial, Real Estate, NBF, Insurance etc) - I cover this in my article. So as per my article you can request full Income Statement and Balance Sheets - as I did above for the Cashflow Statement. From there you can get a list of fields in the Name column in the dataframe. But remember those different templates will apply to the type of company you are querying and the different template may contain different fields. You can also search via the Data Item Browser app (type DIB into Eikon/Workspace search bar) for any field in particular. I hope this can help.

• @jason.ramchandani01 Thank you this helps. One thing that I cant figure out is the description about the parameters(e.g you used parameters = {'Period': 'FQ0','reportingState':'Rsdt', 'curn':'Native', 'Scale':'6','SORTA':'LISeq'}). Is there a description for that somewhere?

On the website you sent me (link) most of the links in the "Further Resources for Eikon Data API" do not click through. It says "Sorry. We can't find the page you are looking for."