Eikon to Workspace API

Hi, i currently use Eikon Desktop and have a C# application that communicates with the API. The following code is used:

EikonDesktopDataAPI.EikonDesktopDataAPI m_edapi = new EikonDesktopDataAPI.EikonDesktopDataAPI();

EEikonDataAPIInitializeResult l_apiInitResult = m_edapi.Initialize();

Right now I'm trying to migrate to Workspace, but the legacy Eikon Desktop is always opened automatically (even if Workspace is already opened) when the Initialize()-part is running. How to tell the API to use Workspace instead of Eikon Desktop?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @titz.stefan

When migrating from Eikon to Refinitiv workspace, I recommend using the Refinitiv packages to avoid any unintended side effects or limitations. You can find them here:

Refinitiv.Data - NuGet Gallery | Refinitiv.Data 1.0.0-beta5

Refinitiv.Data.Content - NuGet Gallery | Refinitiv.Data.Content 1.0.0-beta5

You will also have to install the Refinitiv Workspace for Desktop.

You can find it here: Refinitiv Workspace - Download

• Thank you. On a new computer with Refinitiv Workspace and the packages you provide, I get the following error message when compiling the code:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {
    {70B3E69B-E207-412E-8A27-E94A01F96728} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (exception of HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))."

I checked the Windows registry, the class ID does not exist. On my other computer, I found the class ID in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\EikonDesktopDataAPILib.EikonDesktopDataAPI.

Do I have to Install Eikon Desktop Data API? After looking for it, I found the following link:

https://developers.lseg.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/eikon-data-api/download

There is the note:

"Starting with Eikon version 4.0.36, the Eikon Data API is fully integrated into

Eikon for Windows."

Does it mean that I have to install Eikon Desktop? How do I ensure that the API calls are processed by Workspace?