getting different results from New Monitor while using API

Hi! I am not getting the same result while on monitor i am using these and same query i am using on jupyter notebook both are giving different results.

The query i am using in jupyter notebook:

ek.get_news_headlines(query = "AA AND Language:LEN AND ( Topic:NEWS1 OR Topic:FED OR Topic:ECB OR Topic:BOE OR Topic:BOC OR Topic:SNB OR Source:TREDEP OR Topic:SEN OR Topic:HREP OR Source:UKGOVE OR Topic:SIGPOL OR Topic:OPEC OR Topic:RBNZ OR Topic:RBA OR Source:RSCH) AND (INTEREST OR INFLATION OR ECONOMY OR RECESSION OR RATE OR CUT OR YIELD OR FORECAST OR HIKE)", count=50)

The query I am using in the news monitor:

AA AND Language:LEN AND ( Topic:NEWS1 OR Topic:FED OR Topic:ECB OR Topic:BOE OR Topic:BOC OR Topic:SNB OR Source:TREDEP OR Topic:SEN OR Topic:HREP OR Source:UKGOVE OR Topic:SIGPOL OR Topic:OPEC OR Topic:RBNZ OR Topic:RBA OR Source:RSCH ) AND ( "inflation" OR "RATE" OR "yield" OR "Economy" OR "Interest" OR "recession" OR "Cut" OR "FORECAST" OR "HIKE" )

Best Answer

Answers

• @rishav.jindal

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I quickly tested it and found that the output looks similar.

1702011694719.png

To verify the problem, please share your results from both Eikon Data API and News Monitor.

• reuters-vs-api.png

its not same in my case

• reuters-vs-api.png

I am not getting the same result

• Hi! did you mean the order of these keywords

I have tried these in same order also than also not showing same results

• @rishav.jindal

It could be the double quotes characters.

The queries return different results.

1702436567111.png

• Hi @rishav.jindal

Please try importing news directly from rd library instead of eikon and use the syntax below:

import refinitiv.data as rd
    from refinitiv.data.content import news
    rd.open_session()
    text = 'AA AND Language:LEN AND ( Topic:NEWS1 OR Topic:FED OR Topic:ECB OR Topic:BOE OR Topic:BOC OR Topic:SNB OR Source:TREDEP OR Topic:SEN OR Topic:HREP OR Source:UKGOVE OR Topic:SIGPOL OR Topic:OPEC OR Topic:RBNZ OR Topic:RBA OR Source:RSCH ) AND ( "INTEREST" OR "INFLATION" OR "ECONOMY" OR "RECESSION" OR "RATE" OR "CUT" OR "YIELD" OR "FORECAST" OR "HIKE" )'
    rd.news.get_headlines(query = text, count=50)

news.png