I use R to Access Eikon API, but report error, anyone can help?

Hi,

I am using Eikon API in R. Below are my code (I tried two methods):

> eikonapir::set_proxy_port(9000L)

> eikonapir::set_app_id('<App Key>')

> get_symbology(list("MSFT.O", "GOOG.O", "IBM.N"),"RIC",list("ISIN"),raw_ouput = FALSE,debug=FALSE)

Error in print.default("HTTP Error, code= ", response$status_code, sep = "") :

invalid printing digits 403

and

> RD <- RDConnect('<App Key>', PythonModule = "JSON")

> 
 > test <- RDPsearch(RD, query =  "AAPL.O", select = "ContractType,RIC")
 http://localhost:9000/api/rdp/discovery/search/v1/
 AAPL.OSearchAllContractType,RIC
 Error in `httr2::req_perform()`:
 ! HTTP 403 Forbidden.
 Run `rlang::last_trace()` to see where the error occurred.

Best Answer

• @Chaoran.Di Hi Thanks for your question and sorry to hear about your issue. That library is not being actively managed - can I suggest you use the more modern open source but actively managed R library called Refinitiv R - you can download it on github from here. Its very well documented. I hope this can help.

Answers

• Hello @Chaoran.Di

I am not the Eikon API R expert, but the "HTTP 403 Forbidden" error indicates that you are encountering a permission issue with your request.

I strongly suggest you contact your LSEG repetitive to verify your Workspace account permission.

• Thanks, my client's Eikon is Eikon with DFO, I'm sure she can access Eikon API with this version, is there any possibility that not the permission but because they use R to access the data? Thanks in advance.
  • Thanks so much! May I ask if we have any people to support R and to contact pls?
  • Hello @Chaoran.Di

Please be informed that the R libraries like Eikon API R and Refinitiv R are not LSEG/Refinitiv products. They are community products that are not supported by Refinitiv/LSEG.

The client can submit the Eikon API R issue to the developer directly via the GitHub - Issue page.

The Official LSEG libraries to access Workspace/Eikon and RDP content set are as follows:

Can the client replicate the issue with the Data Library for Python or Eikon Data API?

I strongly suggest the client try the code on the CodeBook app in the Workspace/Eikon desktop application.