Moving from manual access to the SFTP site to use an automated process to connect using Public/Priv

Speaking to the dev team at my end it seems that we have manual access to the SFTP site but we are planning to use an automated process to connect using Public/Private keys.

I believe you have been sent our Public key and we now need your private key. Is that a fair assumption?

Will you be able to share the private key with me and confirm you have our public key?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• raksina.samasiri
    Answer ✓

Hi @waseem.bari ,

Have you had a chance to follow "how to generate the private and public key files" in the LSEG DataScope Select SFTP User Guide, which you can View Guide on MyAccount (requires registration)
    Then you can use, let say, supported programming language to connect to SFTP automately
    1714728676431.png

Or would you like to consider using DSS REST API instead of SFTP server, with an API, the data can be retrieved easily and effectively. (REST API also support on-demand extraction)

The tutorials can be found here

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

Answers