Where can I find the JSON request and payload structure documents for Eikon ->'NEW AND RESEARCH' ->'

I want to know how to use GET/POST to send requests and call the following two APIs

1716979070002.png

Best Answer

• Hi @alex.hou, Finding the exact endpoint providing data to Workspace is often a difficult task because many are not client facing, and they are only used to feed the Workspace product. As a result, there isn't always a 1 for 1 match.

With that said, I believe that you are after EX-1.01.06-Search.ipynb, EX-1.01.06.1-SearchTemplates-Equities.ipynb, EX-1.01.06.2-SearchTemplates-PhysicalAssets.ipynb, EX-1.01.06.3-SearchTemplates-BuiltIn.ipynb or EX-1.01.08-Screeners.ipynb in the examples folder.

Please let me know if the answer to your question is not in this folder.

Answers

• Hi @jonathan.legrand ,I am accessing the web side and I did not find the folder you mentioned. Is there a website link that can call API documentation?

• Hi @alex.hou, I put the link as a hyper link in the comment above. It may be hard to find, please see here:

https://github.com/LSEG-API-Samples/Example.DataLibrary.Python/tree/main/Examples/1-Access

You can find the examples I referred to here:

1717048004418.png

The examples above use the Refinitiv Data Library for Python, the new and improved version of the Eikon Data API for Python. I assumed Python examples might be most fitting, following from the eikon-data-api tag in the question above; please let me know if you are looking to code in another language. Tagging the question with the language of your preference is recommended too.

You can find all API documentation on the Developer Portal:

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en

• Hi @jonathan.legrand ,I would like to use Java. Is there a Java SDK available Or send parameter documents for requests based on HTTP

• Hi @alex.hou, my bad, the Eikon Data API is the name we gave the Python wrapper. If you would like to use Java, you will have to ping RDP endpoints directly. To do so, please log into the RDP API Playground. You can see the documentation referring to Search here. I also advise you to try pinging these endpoints in Postman first to see how you can test the service. In effect, you will not be using Eikon, but the Refinitiv Data Platform (that sits above the Eikon Desktop Application); you may want to start reading the "Getting Started with the 'Refinitiv Data Platform' Welcome Email" tab.

• Hi @jonathan.legrand ,Thank you for sharing the link. May I ask which API name corresponds to the two interfaces in Figure 1? I tried to call the interface in Figure 2, but it shows' Authorization header is missing '. Where do I need to obtain authentication? Is it placed in the request header after retrieval? What is the key corresponding to the request header?

1717125044278.png

• Hi @jonathan.legrand ,Thank you for sharing the link. May I ask which API name corresponds to the two interfaces in Figure 1? I tried to call the interface in Figure 2, but it shows' Authorization header is missing '. Where do I need to obtain authentication? Is it placed in the request header after retrieval? What is the key corresponding to the request header?

1717125044278.png (70.8 KiB)

• Hi
    @alex.hou, I'm afraid that this is more of a content question. In this case please reach out to
    my.refinitiv.com.

With that said, your question is right on the line between technical API and content question; as a result, in your ticket on my.refinitiv.com, please do not hesitate to refer to this Q&A for me to be reachable to any content expert investigating this issue.