Eikon Data API to fetch Tesla's current stock price into Google Sheets

I am trying to use the Eikon Data API to fetch Tesla's current stock price into Google Sheets, but I keep getting an error saying that the endpoint is incorrect. Where can I find the correct endpoint, or could you provide an example endpoint for me?

Best Answer

• wasin.w
    wasin.w admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @omkar.hegde

I am not sure about the Google Sheets, but the syntax to get Tesla's (TSLA.O) current stock with the strategic Data Library for Python should be like this

rd.get_data(['TSLA.O'])
    #or with fields
    rd.get_data(
        universe=['TSLA.O'],
        fields=['BID', 'ASK']
    )

tsla.png

Please see more detail about the strategic Data Library for Python from the following resources:

Since you are referring to the feature-completed Eikon Data API, so I am assuming that you (or the client) is using the Workspace/Eikon Desktop application. If so, you (or the client) can find the list of available fields from the Data Item Browser (DIB) App in Workspace.

dib.png

Please note that the Data Library (or the Eikon Data API) needs the Workspace/Eikon desktop application as a data proxy between the library and the platform, so you need to run the Workspace/Eikon desktop application in the same machine as the library.