Having issue of running toString() for OMMTypes.RMTES_STRING

HI, for field with OMMTypes.RMTES_STRING, there are time it throw Exception when create a String object with below logic:

new String((OMMDataBuffer)buffer.getBytes, rmtesCharset)

Exception:

java.nio.charset.CoderMalfunctionError: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

at java.nio.charset.CharsetDecoder.decode(CharsetDecoder.java:587) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.String.decodeWithDecoder(String.java:1210) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:665) ~[?:?] at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:1387) ~[?:?]

at com.macquarie.kdb.feed.Client.processItemEvent(Client.scala:58) ~[feed-assembly-2.6.9.jar:2.6.9]

I am using below version of RFA library: "com.reuters" % "rfa" % "8.2.1.L1.all", is there 8.x.x version which fix this issue?

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Answer ✓

@Carfield Yim

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I checked the README file in RFAJ 8.2.5.L1 that lists all fixes from previous releases. I couldn't find this issue in the list.

I assume that it may relate to blank data or partial update (hasPartialUpdates).

However, Developer Community Forum is for how-to/general questions but your question seems to be more complex and requires investigation e.g. review source code, configuration, try to reproduce the problem etc.

I recommend you raise a query through the premium support service, as you are a named user of that service you should see a link "Contact Premium Support" when you are logged into the developer portal. For any difficulties submitting the query to us, please contact your LSEG account team or Sales team.