get the free market value

how to get the free market value without ekion in your pc using c#?

Best Answer

• Hi @mohamed.abdelrehim14

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "free market value". Would you mind elaborating?
    As for the second part of your question, all currently available Eikon APIs have runtime dependency on Eikon. In other words for an application to retrieve data from Eikon using these APIs Eikon must be running alongside the application.

In a few weeks we are Beta launching new set of APIs for Eikon, which do not have a dependency on Eikon application. Instead they require a small footprint proxy running on the machine. These APIs use Websockets for streaming data and REST/POST for request/response, which means the APIs can be used in pretty much any modern development environment. However the only ease of use libraries for these APIs will initially be available for Python. Later in the year we intend to seed open source ease of use libraries for other development environments on GitHub. New Eikon Scripting APIs will still require user to provide valid Eikon account credentials, and will enforce exclusive sign-on, meaning users won't be able to use their Eikon account on multiple machines simultaneously.

Answers

• @Alex Putkov, could you please comment on when we can expect the Rest API to be released?

• @Alex Putko

dear we are already have the Eikon application in the server so

1. how we connect to the server and retrieve the data from the server using c# programming language ?
  • Hi @mohamed.abdelrehim14

I'm afraid I'm still totally confused about what you're trying to achieve. If you're merely looking to retrieve data from Eikon into a custom .NET application running on the same machine, then follow the link below for the documentation for Eikon .NET SDK.

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications

If you're looking to do anything else, then you need to be a lot more specific in your questions. I cannot possibly advise you if I don't understand what it is that you're after.

• Last but not least I couldn't help but notice you saying you have Eikon installed on a server. Your use of the term "server" may be just a figure of speech, in which case it is inconsequential. However please be advised that standard Thomson Reuters contract does not permit data retrieved from Eikon to be used in any "server side" application or system such as for example a risk management, portfolio management or automated trading system, whether this data is being further redistributed from that system or not.