EMA OMMConsumer - channel out of buffers

Hi,

after subscribing to a symbol list with around 1600 symbols I subscribe to those symbols individually.

I start receiving updates to individual symbols but after a short period of time (10s or so) i get below exception:

2017-03-22 08:02:10,948 [pool-3-thread-1] ERROR com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl - loggerMsg
ClientName: EmaConsumer_1
Severity: Error
Text: Call to rsslReactorDispatchLoop() failed. Internal sysError='0' Error text='channel out of buffers errorId=-4 errorText=channel out of buffers'.
loggerMsgEnd

Can you please advise?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi, I have the same error with the API version below. I don't have a EmaConfig.xml file. How can I increase the GuaranteedOutputBuffers in this version without using an EmaConfig.xml file?

<groupId>com.thomsonreuters.ema</groupId>

<artifactId>ema</artifactId>

<version>3.2.0.2</version>

This is the error I have:

ClientName: SingleItem

Severity: Error

Text: Internal error: rsslChannel.submit() failed in SingleItem.submit(PostMsg)RsslChannel 0

Error Id -3

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Watchlist.encodeIntoBufferAndQueue

Error Text channel out of buffers errorId=-4 errorText=channel out of buffers

• EmaConfig.zip

I managed to resolve the issue by creating an EmaConfig.xml file and placing it in the root folder of my application. I found that is the default location the API looks in for the file. I set the GuaranteedOutputBuffers in the file and that fixed the issue. I have attached an example of the EmaConfig.xml file I created.