Function call to retrieve connection details from config.xml

Is there an option to retrieve the host name and port connection for the instance of OmmConsumer or Omm ConsumerConfig. The connection details of host and port are stored in EmaConfig.xml

This is required to log the connection details.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @sagar.s

I have not found any method of OmmConsumer or OmmConsumerConfig which can retrieve the host name and port connection. However, the latest EMA Java prints the connection details if you enable xml trace log by adding

<XmlTraceToStdout
    value="1"/>
    in EmaConfig.xml. For example:

<Consumer>
    <Name value="Consumer_1"/>
    <XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/>
    </Consumer>

Then, the connection details e.g. the machine running the application and the server that it connects to are printed.

For example: EMA Java logs a login request message sent from the machine IP/port

10.42.61.169/62139 to the server IP/port 192.168.27.48/14002:

<!-- Outgoing Reactor message -->
    <!-- java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/10.42.61.169:62139 remote=/192.168.27.48:14002] -->
    <!-- Wed Aug 02 10:52:35 ICT 2017 -->
    <!-- rwfMajorVer="14" rwfMinorVer="1" -->
    <REQUEST domainType="LOGIN" streamId="1" containerType="NO_DATA" flags="0x04 (STREAMING)" dataSize="0">
    <key flags="0x26 (HAS_NAME|HAS_NAME_TYPE|HAS_ATTRIB)" name="user" nameType="1" attribContainerType="ELEMENT_LIST">
    <attrib>
    <elementList flags="0x08 (HAS_STANDARD_DATA)">
    <elementEntry name="ApplicationId" dataType="ASCII_STRING" data="256"/>
    <elementEntry name="ApplicationName" dataType="ASCII_STRING" data="ema"/>
    <elementEntry name="Position" dataType="ASCII_STRING" data="10.42.61.169/U8007607-TPL-A"/>
    <elementEntry name="Role" dataType="UINT" data="0"/>
    </elementList>
    </attrib>
    </key>
    <dataBody>
    </dataBody>
    </REQUEST>

• Thanks for the reply. If I use <XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/>, it fills up the heap space if I query RICs. I do not think it would be the right fit.