News Source and Historical News

1. Client want to get the all the new of NewsWires, Global Press or Web News, but using the "Source=" keyword with [NEWSWIRE], [NEWSROOM] or [WEBNEWS] not work.

Is there any way to do that ?

2. Any "Topic" keyword under Newsroom (Global Press) and Web News seems not work now. e.g. "EIUVIE", "SEECOM". Is Python API can only get the news under News Wires ?

3. Client try to download old news e.g. Light Crude <CLc1> from year 2000 to 2016.

ek.get_news_headlines("R:CLc1", date_from="2000-01-01T00:00:00", date_to="2016-01-01T00:00:00", count=1000)

But not success. Is there any time limit for downloading news thru scripting API ?

Best Answer

• Hi,

About the point 3, we can't retrieve news headline oldest than 15 months (oldest news headline for R:CLc1 is from 2016-05-02). In addition, it seems that the platform rejects request for more than 100 items.

Following request returns data:
    ek.get_news_headlines("R:CLc1", date_from="2000-01-01T00:00:00", date_to="2016-05-03T00:00:00", count=100)

Answers

• ic, thanks for solving my puzzles.

How about point 2?

I am no long able to get any news from the categories "NEWSROOM" and "WEBNEWS" with the get_news_headlines. It used to work on the days before yesterday.

• I just received the response.

One month ago, News service started to expose NewsRoom and WebNews categories. It's a bug that was fixed.

Currently, Python News API access is limited to News Wires.

• Oh...But I think this is a valuable feature for us, would you consider to make it exposing to those categories again in the future?

Thanks

• It was raised to development team as an expected feature.

• Hello to all,

I am trying to download news from Newsroom for a particular newspaper only. I am not quite sure how to make the API search in the right place but at the moment I am interested at whether the Python News API is now able to access news wires.