Period end date not pulling through properly

Hi there

I'm pulling financial year ends for "BMY" using the following in python:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_id('A463F83CEF29FFA4DE13CCC6')

fields = ['TR.PriceClose.calcdate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY-3).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY-2).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY-1).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY0).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY1).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY2).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY3).periodenddate']

df, err = ek.get_data('BMY', fields, {'SDate': '2017-08-31', 'EDate': '1997-12-01', 'Frq': 'W'})

At calc date of 1998-01-23 (see attached output), I get the same date (1997-12-31) for both FY0 and FY1. This deviates from what I observe with the other records in the output file and also deviates from what I get when using the excel API. Please advise.

bmy.txt

Best Answer

Answers

• This is the same issue as previously reported here and here. Null values or data gaps are pushed down to the bottom of the column, thus screwing up the alignment of data between rows and columns. The bug is being worked on.

• Thanks Alex.

In the query posted here I switched the start and end dates- a work-around suggested by yourself in this post. This work-around solved my issue previously. Any suggestions why it would not work in this case?

Also, we are migrating many of our day-to-day processes from the Excel API to the Python API. Any indication when these issues will be resolved?