"GAVG" function in python API

Some of my Excel fromulas used the "GAVG" Function, and it worked really well. an example:

GAVG(TR.HQCountryCode,TR.GICSIndustry,TR.RevenueSmartEstLastYrGrowth,universe="EquityAll"),Curn=USD

This function does not seem to work well in the Python scripting API. sometimes it works, but most of the time it crashes, displaying the error: HTTPError: 400 Bad Request.

Is the GAVG function supported?

Best Answer

• While the use of these functions is not yet officially supported through Eikon Python API, this seems to work just dandy for me:
    ek.get_data(['TRI.N','IBM.N','AAPL.O'],['GAVG(TR.HQCountryCode,TR.GICSIndustry,TR.RevenueSmartEstLastYrGrowth,universe="EquityAll")'],{'Curn':'USD'})
    Would you mind giving me an example, which returns Bad Request for you?

Answers

• I'm afraid the functions such as this one that you can see in Quick Functions section of Parameters & Quick Functions Tab in Formula Builder dialog in Eikon Excel cannot be used in Eikon Python API. At least not today.

• hi, I tried above and it worked but admit getting HTTPError: 400 Bad Request occasionally.
    Also Eikon Excel returns different result:

=TR("TRI.N;IBM.N;AAPL.O","TR.HQCountryCode;TR.GICSIndustry;GAVG(TR.RevenueSmartEstLastYrGrowth,universe=""EquityAll"")","CH=IN;Fd Curn=USD TRANSPOSE:Y",H8)
    Apart from that I tried also % change but couldn't get it working and received HTTPError: 400 Bad Request again

ek.get_data('PZU.WA', ['PERCENT_CHG(TR.PriceClose, lag=-12D)'])