Dividends returning old values for some stocks

I'm using the Eikon API for .NET, and for some stocks I request dividend pay dates and ex dates and they're old.

For example, 8369.T (Bank of Kyoto Ltd), I used the field names RCA.DH.ExDate and RCA.DH.PayDate and they respectively give me March 29 2017 and June 30 2017 despite the dividend that happened Sept 27. I am using the wrong fields? Why is it some stocks and not others?

I noticed in DIB in Eikon that the fields DIVPAYDATE and EXDIVDATE are correct but when I try to request them I get back that they are not valid request parameters.

Best Answer

• The dividend is due to be paid on the 1st of December (it is under dividend type: forecast interim), hence, you would need to slightly change your request in order to get it.

Firstly, the fields that you would need to use, are under Content Classification > Corporate Actions > Dividend History in DIB.

Secondly, in the request params you will need to set something like this:

"SDate=3M EDate=-1Y DivType=66:65:60:61" (Interim, Final, Forecast Interim, Forecast final)

Thirdly, in order to use the fields from DIB in COM, you will need to activate your DEX API a little bit differently as described here.

Answers