How to query Future Earning dates for a given stock?

I am using the python query

ek.get_data(my_symbols, ['TR.date','TR.EventType' ,'TR.EventStartDate'],
{'Adjusted':'1', 'SDate':start_date, 'EDate':end_date, 'sort':'asc'}) for querying events for a given stock.

But I get only the historical data, Data for current date or future dates is not there. Can I get current date's data or future date data in any way?

Best Answer

• You did not provide the values of the parameters in your request, hence it's impossible to say why you're not getting what you expect. For an example of a request that works try:

ek.get_data(['TRI.N'],['TR.EventStartDate','TR.EventType','TR.EventTitle'],{'SDate':'1AY', 'EDate':'-1AY'}),

The above retrieves all currently known events for Thomson Reuters for the last year and the next year from today. Currently the result set includes two events in the future: earnings release on 7-Feb-18 and shareholders meeting on 3-May-18.
    By the way TR.date field name you have included in your request is invalid. This field does not exist.

Answers

• Due to an outage of the Thomson Reuters Developer
    Community email notification system from 2:30 PM CDT on November 29th until
    9:00 AM CDT on November 30th we are posting to all questions updated during
    this timeframe in order to ensure all customers receive all relevant email
    updates. Please review this question, and its associated answers, in order to
    ensure you are aware of any possible updates that may have occurred during this
    outage. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this has caused.

Matthew Logterman, J.D.

Sr. Product Manager, Thomson Reuters Developer Community