Where is the Market data server?

I read the documentation about connection with data server as below:

"Your market data administrator can provide connection details about the server hostname and RSSL port, presently set to localhost:14002. In addition, you would likely need to set the Service Name, presently set to DIRECT_FEED and a DACS Username required to entitle you to request for market data."

We don't have market data server installed and do not even know what it is. Can anybody tell me what products we need to buy and install?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sorry, but I dont' even know what to buy. Is it TREP? However, I would appreciate if I can contact a sales guy oriented to Professional individual.

• A local database server and API for storing and reading market data such as quotes and trade-related data associated with equity, fixed-income, financial derivatives, currency, and other investment instruments.

Market data is expensive (global expenditure yearly exceeds $50 billion) and complex (data variety, functionality, technology, billing). Therefore, it needs to be managed professionally. Professional market data management deals with issues such as:

• Inventory management
    • Contract management
    • Cost management
    • Change management
    • Invoice Reconciliation & Administration
    • Permissioning
    • Reporting
    • Budgeting
    • Demand management
    • Technology management
    • Vendor management
    • dotnet training in chennai