Historical Spin-off and M&A information from Eikon API

Hi I am trying to get the historical information of spin-offs for a given set of symbols with - date, new entity ric/ISIN, old entity ric/ISIN

I also need M&A information with date, merger symbol, acquirer symbol, type of acquisition.

How do I do this with Eikon Python API?

Best Answer

• For content related questions you will need to contact your local Thomson Reuter support desk and try to build the required functionality in Eikon Excel first. Or, alternatively, have a look at all available fields in the Data Item Browser app on Eikon.

Answers

• I do not find the exact information that I am looking for in the data item browser.

I tried following queries

data, _ = ek.get_data(['BLT.L'], ['TR.DealDate', 'TR.DealType', 'TR.DealStatus', 'TR.DealAnnouncementDate', 'TR.DealValueAnnounced'], {'SDate':'-10AY', 'EDate':'1AY', 'sort':'asc'})

data, _ = ek.get_data(['BLT.L'], ['TR.DealAcquiror', 'TR.DealTarget','TR.DealStartDate','TR.DealClosedDate','TR.DealExpirationDate', 'TR.DealPricePerShare', 'TR.DealCashAmount'], {'SDate':'-10AY', 'EDate':'1AY', 'sort':'asc'})

but I do not get the demerger information for demerger event that started on

17-Mar-2015 for BLT.L

• With Eikon Excel Formula Builder, I found it in Corporate Actions ->Capital Changes category.