Detecting a company has filed its quarterly/end of year report

Hello is there a way to detect that a company has filed a new quarterly or end of year report?
I can currently retrieve some line items of my choice from a list of companies of my choice and classify them by date. For example i am retrieving reported data from 2016 and estimated data from 2017 (since not all companies have filed their 2017 10K form).

I would like to create a scheduled task that would analyse if the 10-K has been added and rerun my code only for those companies who have updates. That way i would be able to update my info and read 2016+2017 reported data and start using the estimates of 2018. Same thing for quarterly reports.

I would like to know this not only for US companies but for other companies listed in nikkei or london stock exchange. Is this possible?

Best regards

Best Answer

• I found a couple of ways to do this, but I suggest you contact Thomson Reuters Support desk and ask them how to do it in Excel. Here goes:

1. TR.CompanySrcFileDate

It will give you the latest filing date for the financials in the database;

2, TR.Revenue(Period=FY0).calcdate;TR.Revenue(Period=FQ0).calcdate;

This will give you the date of the last fiscal year/fiscal quarter filings

Answers

• Ok so i tested with item STT.N.:
    TR.CompanySrcFileDate = 2/22/2018
    TR.Revenue(FQ0).calcdate = -

I guess what i can do is to check every day starting on the CompanySrcFileDate for a TR.Revenue(FQ0).calcdate != null and that contains the 2018 year. Whenever that exists it means the latest filings have been reported.

Thanks a lot!

• I have a question regarding the time difference in the VOD.L example: there is a 2 day time difference between the TR.CompanySrcFileDate and the TR.Revenue(FQ0).calcdate. Is this because it took 2 days to update the TR database field (i.e., processing the filing took 2 days in this case)? And will both fields be updated only on 2018-02-23 in this case, or is TR.CompanySrcFileDate updated earlier (i.e., for example on 2018-02-21 or 2018-02-22)?

• @shk1
    Content explanation questions such as this one are best directed to Thomson Reuters Helpdesk. I suggest you call Thomson Reuters Helpdesk number in your country or use Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.