How to retrieve biggest owning mutual funds in python API

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way to retrieve a list of the top 10 mutual funds owning a certain company. I know TR.InvestorFullName retrieves the biggest finantial institutions, but not the mutual funds. I would like to retrieve some data like in the ownership section:
http://money.cnn.com/quote/shareholders/shareholders.html?symb=AAPL&subView=institutional
Where they have data from biggest institutions and biggest funds. I know how to get the institutions but not the funds.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Jirapongse admin
    Answer ✓

You can use Formula Builder in Eikon Excel to see all available fields. For fund ownership, all available fields are in Ownership -> Fund Ownership category.

For example, the name of fund is in the TR.FundPortfolioName field.

After getting a formula from Eikon Excel, you can apply it to Eikon Data API, as mentioned in this question.

Otherwise, you can directly contact Eikon support team for the Eikon Excel formula (=TR function) used to retrieve the required financial data.

Answers

• You will also fine some useful information in the Company Ownership in EIKON.

Each column shows a Field Definition you can use when you click on the question mark on top.

So here it is TR.InvParentType and TR.InvestorType and TR.TotalEquityAssets and TR.InvInvestmentStyleCode