Is there any expiry for C# example. Because it's not working any more!

Is there any expiry for C# example. Because it's not working any more!

Best Answer

• kathy, the username and password are specific to the DSS product, they are not the same as those of the Developer Community. To get a DSS account (username and password) please contact your Thomson Reuters account manager.

Answers

• Hi @kathy,

Example applications that do not work should be removed or updated so they do work. Can you provide which specific example you are running that does not work?

thanks.

• kathy,

there is no expiry date as such for a sample, it does not expire after N days :-)

But maybe you are using an obsolete version, built for an old version of the server side software ? That could be a cause for it failing.

You do not tell us what example you are using, so I can only guess.

I suggest you download the latest version of that C# example, and try using it again. If that does not work, tell us exactly what sample you are using, and what failure symptoms you observe.

• Hello and thanks for your help on this.

It looks like none of the samples is working!

I'm getting this error for any sample I run!

"ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.UnauthorizedException: 'Invalid username or password'"

I'm doubting I'm using wrong username, password.

Are those the ones that I've signed up with for Developer Community or Should I apply for different credentials?

Thanks,

Kathy

• Ha ha, my bad.

Thank you so very much.

Kathy

• Sorry Christiaan,

I'm assuming I cannot try any sample or REST API if I don't have the credentials.

There's not trial for them. Am I right?

• kathy, DSS is a commercial product. That said, you can request a trial from your Thomson Reuters account manager.

• Thank you so much.

Kathy