Problem with installing/setup Eikon library for Python on Windows 7

Hi, I followed the directions on the website for installing the library thru pip. It seems to have installed successfully:

Installing collected packages: eikon
Successfully installed eikon-0.1.13

However, when I try to check the module on Python shell with an import command I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\semih.gumustekin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\pandas\__init__.py", line 26, in <module> from pandas._libs import (hashtable as _hashtable, File "C:\Users\semih.gumustekin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\pandas\_libs\__init__.py", line 4, in <module> from .tslib import iNaT, NaT, Timestamp, Timedelta, OutOfBoundsDatetime File "pandas\_libs\tslibs\conversion.pxd", line 11, in init pandas._libs.tslib File "pandas\_libs\tslibs\conversion.pyx", line 1, in init pandas._libs.tslibs.conversion ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found. During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module> import eikon as ek File "C:\Users\semih.gumustekin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\eikon\__init__.py", line 17, in <module> from .symbology import get_symbology File "C:\Users\semih.gumustekin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\eikon\symbology.py", line 6, in <module> import pandas as pd File "C:\Users\semih.gumustekin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\pandas\__init__.py", line 35, in <module> "the C extensions first.".format(module)) ImportError: C extension: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found. not built. If you want to import pandas from the source directory, you may need to run 'python setup.py build_ext --inplace --force' to build the C extensions first.

Any idea what I might have done wrong please?

Best Answer

• A similar problem is discussed here, I suggest installing miniconda/anaconda and installing pandas from there.

Alternatively, you might need to install and build numpy, a library that is used by pandas, manually.

Answers