RFA .NET MMT_MARKET_PRICE subscription field filtering

Hi Team,

When I subscribe to a ric code, it returns all fields and changes of any fields to me, is there any way for me to define what fields I want to subscribe to minimize the number of update events?

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Juno

Best Answer

• @Juno Chan

RFA OMM interface has Dynamic View feature which support the requirement. But the TREP server or Provider has to support the View feature. Please check with Thomson Reuters representative to confirm that your server support the feature.

Basically a Dynamic View allows a consumer application to specify a subset of data content that it is interested in. A providing application can choose to supply only this requested subset of content across all Response Messages.

The View feature is intended to increase the consumer performance in two ways:

• by reducing bandwidth usage through reducing the field list or element list size per Response Message
    • by reducing decoding time in the client application through reducing the number of entries per field list or element list.

You can find more details in RFA.NET Developer guidee section Dynamic View. We also provide StarterConsumer_BatchView example which demonstrate the API usage under Examples folder. We also provide article about this feature and you can find it here.

Answers