Unable to pull data for funds using python Data API

Hi,

I am trying to pull ESG data for funds using their ISINs. Result returns just fund name and does not have any other details. How to pull ESG metrics for funds eg:LU0571085330 using python data api ?

Code Snippet:

df1,err = ek.get_data(instruments=isin_list,
fields= ['TR.CompanyName','TR.CoRPrimaryCountry','TR.ISIN', 'TR.BusinessSummary','TR.GICSSector','TR.GICSIndustry','TR.GICSSubIndustry',
'TR.GICSIndustryGroup','TR.CompanyMarketCap','TR.Revenue','TR.TotalAssetsReported','TR.CSRReportingExternalAuditName','TR.Employees',
'TR.EnergyUseTotal','TR.RenewEnergyPurchased','TR.RenewEnergyProduced','TR.CarbonOffsetsCredits','TR.MicrofinanceImpactInvestment','TR.LoansMean',
'TR.NonPerformingLoansPctofLoans','TR.AnalyticEstimatedCO2Total','TR.CO2IndirectScope3','TR.CO2EstimationMethod','TR.AnalyticCO2',
'TR.WasteTotal','TR.AnalyticWasteRecyclingRatio','TR.HazardousWaste','TR.WaterWithdrawalTotal','TR.FreshWaterWithdrawalTotal',
'TR.AnalyticSalaryGap','TR.AnalyticHighestRemuneration','TR.AnalyticEmploymentCreation','TR.WomenManagers','TR.WomenEmployees','TR.AnalyticBoardFemale',
'TR.AnalyticInjuries','TR.TurnoverEmployees','TR.EmployeeSatisfaction','TR.TradeUnionRep','TR.AnalyticBoardSpecificSkills','TR.AnalyticExperiencedBoard',
'TR.AnalyticNonExecBoard','TR.NonPerformingLoansPctofLoans','TR.LobbyingContributionAmount','TR.AnalyticTotalDonations','TR.AnalyticBoardCulturalDiversity',
'TR.AnalyticStrictlyIndepBoard','TR.AnalyticIndepBoard','TR.AnalyticNonauditAuditFeesRatio','TR.PoliticalContributions','TR.DonationsTotal',
'TR.AlcoholRevenues','TR.GamblingRevenues','TR.TobaccoRevenues','TR.ArmamentRevenues','TR.TRESGCConvroversiesScore','TR.TRESGScore'
], raw_output=False)

Best Answer

• uma
    uma
    Answer ✓

Hey, i figured out the cause. I was trying to pull not applicable fields for funds. Fields should be 'TR.ETPConstituentRIC','TR.FundHoldingRIC','TR.ETPConstituentName','TR.FundHoldingName','TR.ETPConstituentWeightPercent','TR.FundPercentageOfFundAssets' for funds and it works now.

Answers

• @uma I do not think this is an API limitation.

I am guessing here (so I suggest you would check with the support desk), but I could only find ESG for companies and not funds. A good idea would be to model what you want to get in Excel first, so the support desk can help you with any of the content question you may have.