Missing information on insider transactions

Hi, I am trying to replicate the insider transactions data for a stock with python, but it seems like I am missing many informations. Only a few lines are showing and I am trying to get all the lines. Have I done someting wrong in the code?

symbols = ['aapl.o']
insider_trades, err = ek.get_data(symbols,["TR.TransactionDate","TR.InsiderFullName","TR.InsiderRole","TR.AdjSharesTraded","TR.TransactionType","TR.TransactionPrice",], debug=True)

Best Answer

• @legaultjp
    You need to add the time range for the insider transaction history to your request. Try adding SDate and EDate parameters to the request. If you need to retrieve all transactions, then specifying a wide time range (say the last 30 years) is the way to achieve it:

insider_trades, err = ek.get_data(symbols,["TR.TransactionDate","TR.InsiderFullName","TR.InsiderRole","TR.AdjSharesTraded","TR.TransactionType","TR.TransactionPrice",], {'SDate':'0D', 'EDate':'-30AY'})

Answers

• @legaultjp the best course of action I can recommend is drafting a model in Excel first, which you can do with the help of your local Support Desk (Help > Contact Us) and select 'How do I replicate Insider Transactions in Eikon Excel'.

For some of the data, Excel (and API) and Eikon apps can use different databases, so it might not be possible.

• Exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks!