Get chain value updates

When i connect via the websocket api ELEKTRON to a chain, in this case 0#BL2:
I got a overview once (listed below), but i don't get the current market values and/or the updates of those values. I don't want to go over each individual item, just subscribe to this feed and get every update available in that chain:

RECEIVED:
[
{

"Fields":{

"CURRENCY":"EUR",
"DDS_DSO_ID":12459,
"DSPLY_NAME":"M.WHEAT EUR",
"DSPLY_NMLL":null,
"LONGLINK1":"BL2H9",
"LONGLINK10":"BL2K1",
"LONGLINK11":"BL2U1",
"LONGLINK12":"BL2Z1",
"LONGLINK13":null,
"LONGLINK14":null,
"LONGLINK2":"BL2K9",
"LONGLINK3":"BL2U9",
"LONGLINK4":"BL2Z9",
"LONGLINK5":"BL2H0",
"LONGLINK6":"BL2K0",
"LONGLINK7":"BL2U0",
"LONGLINK8":"BL2Z0",
"LONGLINK9":"BL2H1",
"LONGNEXTLR":null,
"LONGPREVLR":null,
"NEWS":"YYYY",
"NEWS_TIME":"17:54:47",
"PREF_DISP":1762,
"PREF_LINK":null,
"PROD_PERM":5288,
"RDNDISPLAY":163,
"RDN_EXCHD2":"MAT",
"RDN_EXCHID":"MAT",
"RECORDTYPE":194,
"REF_COUNT":12,
"SPS_SP_RIC":".[SPSOPTIQVAE1"
},
"ID":4,
"Key":{

"Name":"0#BL2:",
"Service":"ELEKTRON_DD"

Best Answer

• Hello @3352edee-c7b3-42de-95ff-77348a2fc138

As far as I know, the TREP(server) and websocket api do not have any feature that opens individual items from a chain. Hence, your application has to send each item to get every data update of its item. The server just receives RICs from the application and sends data update of the requested RICs back to the application.

Answers

• Tnx for your answer.

My application is expecting every ric update of all available rics within a chain instead of requesting them separately.

So I need to build a middle layer in this case which subscribe to a chain, loop over every item and finally subscribe/unsubscribe to every item within that chain to get the updates. I’m probable not the first one within the web socket environment with this kind of request? Someone a reliable&tested solution already available?

This might also be a future request for the dev team within the elektron websocket because this sound like a basic feature available. Eg: within the eikon application this is already there: given a chain, all the rics inside that chain including the updated values are showed.

Thanks a lot.

• Hello @3352edee-c7b3-42de-95ff-77348a2fc138

Yes, the other applications have to subscribe each item to get updates even Eikon. Currently, getting chain value updates is designed to be performed by the client side(application) not the server side. Anyway, you can raise this feature as an enhancement request/feedback for Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform product via https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/feedback.html . If you face any difficulties submitting the feedback, please contact the Account team.