Starting and Login to Eikon Desktop App from python

I want to open the Eikon Desktop app through subprocess and login automatically without 'Sign in Automatically'. That is what parameters to send through for user/password?

Best Answer

• I think you can pass along the command line and changing some configurations which i have done and now it works.

Answers

• I'm afraid this is not possible. The only way to launch Eikon and sign in silently is by ticking "Sign in automatically" box in the Eikon sign in prompt.

• I may run into a situation at times where I'm logged into Eikon Desktop on my work computer, and when I go home I will try logging in, but prompts a box which states that I'm logged in elsewhere and asks if I want to login anyways. Will silent sign in using 'Sign in Automatically' break in such a situation?

• I may run into a situation at times where I'm logged into Eikon Desktop on my work computer, and when I go home I will try logging in, but prompts a box which states that I'm logged in elsewhere and asks if I want to login anyways. Will silent sign in using 'Sign in Automatically' break in such a situation?

• Please share fix if you wouldn't mind.

• Correct. In this scenario "Sign in Automatically" will not ensure silent sign in.

• Any idea what the specifics of the 'Best Answer' in this thread might entail?

• Nope. No idea. Eikon.exe supports a bunch of command line parameters, but I'm not aware of any way to pass username and password to Eikon through command line or any kind of config. I'm as curious as you are about @matthew.mezs's experience.