handling "zero" mergeToGroup value

Using the decoding method suggested in https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/answers/47439/view.html , I found that our consumer app receives mergedToGroup updates with "0" values after CLOSE_RECOVER groupId state is received. Is "0" a valid value for mergeToGroup or should I ignore them?

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Jirapongse admin
    Answer ✓

@tinmyo.win

I assume that you are connecting to TREP. TREP manages the groupID and it will send mergeToGroup with zero value after the service is down.

<updateMsg domainType="RSSL_DMT_SOURCE" streamId="2" containerType="RSSL_DT_MAP" flags="0xC0 (RSSL_UPMF_DO_NOT_CACHE|RSSL_UPMF_DO_NOT_CONFLATE)" updateType="0 (RDM_UPD_EVENT_TYPE_UNSPECIFIED)" dataSize="51">
    <dataBody>
    <map flags="0x0" countHint="0" keyPrimitiveType="RSSL_DT_UINT" containerType="RSSL_DT_FILTER_LIST" >
    <mapEntry flags="0x0" action="RSSL_MPEA_UPDATE_ENTRY" key="4915" >
    <filterList containerType="RSSL_DT_ELEMENT_LIST" countHint="0" flags="0x0">
    <filterEntry id="3" action="RSSL_FTEA_SET_ENTRY" flags="0x0" containerType="RSSL_DT_ELEMENT_LIST">
    <elementList flags="0x8 (RSSL_ELF_HAS_STANDARD_DATA)">
    <elementEntry name="Group" dataType="RSSL_DT_BUFFER" data="2"/>
    <elementEntry name="MergedToGroup" dataType="RSSL_DT_BUFFER" data="0"/>
    </elementList>
    </filterEntry>
    </filterList>
    </mapEntry>
    </map>
    </dataBody>
    </updateMsg>

After the service is up, the application will get a new groupID in the item's refresh message.

Therefore, it could be the default groupID managed by TREP. You can contact the TREP support team through my.refinitiv.com for more information.

Answers

• Can someone please answer the question or ask additional questions if the question is not clear?