Elektron Timeseries API using json

Hi,

I know how to use the TickHistoryIntraday to get some data. I am creating a json request for this.

I would like to get the High Low for a day for specific currency pairs, I have been told I need to use the Elektron Timeseries for this. Do you have any examples?

Do you

Best Answer

• Hello @maria.kouppari, The REST API help for Elektron TimeSeries is available here. Set the parameter ExtractionRequest to ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest.

The JSON sample model to get High/Low for USD/CAD pair would be:

{

"ExtractionRequest": {

"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [
    "High",
    "Low",
    "Trade Date"
    ],
    "IdentifierList": {

"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
    "InstrumentIdentifiers": [{

"Identifier": "CAD=",
    "IdentifierType": "Ric"
    }
    ],
    "ValidationOptions": None,
    "UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": False
    },
    "Condition": {

"StartDate": "2019-01-01T13:00:00.000Z",
    "EndDate": "2019-09-02T13:05:00.000Z"
    }
    }
    }

The endpoint for this request is: https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractWithNotes

Hope it helps.

Answers

• Thanks for the quick reply, I am looking to get the High Bid, High Ask, Low Bid and Low Ask for the day, how can I do that? There are no such fields in the list of the available ones.

• High Bid/Ask is not captured in the interday data. For content-type questions, please raise a Content query at MyRefinitiv which will allow you direct communication with a Content expert.