MacOS Eikon API Proxi does not open

On a Mac I have a variety of Python scripts (programs) that access the Thomson Reuters / Refinitiv databases requiring the Eikon API proxy to be running. This has been working for me for about two years. After a few successful accesses this morning, since about an hour or so, on opening the Eikon API proxy the login screen does NOT appear.

I had not touched my development machine (another Mac) where the Eikon API proxy is installed as well. After running into this error I fired up this development machine and the Eikon API proxy on that machine. I got the very same result: again the login screen does NOT appear.

If I launch the Eikon API proxy no screen appears at all and the only option presented in the top bar of MacOS is <Quit>.

Please explain how I should proceed. (I would really appreciate having this addressed before the US markets open later today.)

Best Answer

Answers

• Is this solved? I'm having the same problem

• Can I get an update please on this....thx

• Same problem. reset cache - no change. checked the /etc/hosts file - all in order. Hv opened a support ticket as well. Hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

• Hi,

Could you please give me more information about your environment:

• Which version of the Eikon API Proxy are you using ?
    • Which version of MacOS are you using ?
    • When did you update MacOS for the last time ?

Thanks for your answers,

Best regards,