ek.get_data('BPCL',['TR.ISINCode'])

ek.get_data('BPCL',['TR.ISINCode']) does not give the ISIN though I can see the ISIN for this on Eikon terminal.

Best Answer

• Hi @abbanerjee

From my understanding, Ticker is not unique so you may or may not get best match.

This picture is just for example:

So get_data function could not resolve it

Answers

Above is the output on eikon screen but dosent come when calling from API

• Hi @abbanerjee

The RIC code is BPCL.NS in your capture screen.

• Please note I am not using RIC code but ticker. The ticker for BPCL on NSE exchange is BPCL and in this case its a coincidence that ticker is BPCL and RIC is BPCL.NS. Another example where this is not the case is for example Reliance Power.

My goal is not to use the RIC but get a mapping from ticker to ISIN. It works for others and does not work for this specific case. The regular help desk directs all API related questions to this forum which is time consuming and frustrating.

• Hi @abbanerjee

Alternatively, you can use get_symbology function.

• Ok great. Thanks for the interim solution but can someone please also look at my original question? Is it an aberration that it works for other tickers or is there something specificially wrong in the content setup of BPCL ?

• Also for GAIL its not working - possible there are multiple matches. Whats the best way arround this ?

ek.get_symbology('GAIL',from_symbol_type='Ticker',to_symbol_type=['ISIN'])

error

GAIL No best match available

• Was able to do this.

ek.get_symbology('GAIL',from_symbol_type='Ticker',to_symbol_type=['ISIN'],bestMatch=False)