Bond Ratings

What's the best way to retrieve all Bond Ratings in the below screen (see bottom right corner)?

The RIC is US71568QAG29

Best Answer

• Hi @Alan Kar Lun.Tam

Try this:

df, err = ek.get_data('ID189900872=', ['TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY).RatingSourceDescription','TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY)','TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY).date'])
    df

Answers

• There are meant to be 3 Ratings on the screen.

• Hello, I am trying to retrieve the Ratings for some bonds using the python API. Would you please tell me what is the command for it? I cannot make the below script work.

from refinitiv.data.content import search

import refinitiv.data as rd

import pandas as pd

from datetime import date, timedelta, datetime

import numpy as np

rd.open_session()

response = search.Definition(view=search.Views.FIXED_INCOME_INSTRUMENTS, \

filter = f"MaturityRedemDate ge {datetime.today().strftime('%Y-%m-%d')} and IsActive eq true and (InstrumentTypeDescription eq 'Bond' or InstrumentTypeDescription eq 'Note') "\

"and PrincipalCurrency eq 'GBP' "\

"and InflationProtected eq 'N' "\

"and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Other Financial' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Sovereign' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Official and Muni' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Supranational' "\

"and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Banks' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Agency' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Official and Muni'", \

navigators = "SectorDescription", \

select="IssuerLegalName, RIC, ISIN, IsActive, IssueDate, MaturityRedemDate, MaturityYearsToRedem, IssuerCountry, "\

"PrincipalCurrency, InflationProtected, SearchAllCategoryv3, InstrumentTypeDescription, DebtTypeDescription, AssetType, AssetCategory, AssetTypeDescription, AssetSubTypeDescription, AssetStateName," \

"MoodysRating, MoodysRatingDate, SPBondRatingLatest, SPRating, SPRatingDate, "\

"MaturityDate, RCSOrganisationTypeName, IndustrySectorDescription, DbSubTypeDescription, Sector, SectorDescription,"\

"DocumentTitle, Description", \

top = 10000).get_data()

df = response.data.df

df1 = rd.get_data(

universe=[df["RIC"][1-10000]],

#fields=['TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY).RatingSourceDescription','TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY)','TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY).date']

fields=['TR.GR.Rating.RatingSourceDescription','TR.GR.Rating','TR.GR.Rating.date']

)

display(df1)

the goal is to have, per each entry retrieved by the search, the Zspread and the last ratings information (from Moodys and Fitch, with timestamp) also, do you have any guide that I can use regarding retrieving Fixed Income instruments using the Python API? I often struggle to know which info are available and what's the code (for "filter" or "select") to be used