eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 1422

Hello,

I am running the code I wrote below:

"""

interval = 'hour'

count = 75

field=['open','high','low','close','volume']

df = ek.get_timeseries(symbol, field,interval=interval,count=count, corax='adjusted')"""

The code end up with an error as below:

"""eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 1422 | Can not process metadata for request: TimeSeries.rics - non-empty is required"""

My question is this, what is the 1422 error and how can I handle it?

Notes: I am taking multiple symbols like ['x.OQ','y.N','z.OQ']

Best Answer

• Hi @osmana,

Which version of the Eikon python package are you using? The latest is 1.1.2. So, if I were to execute exactly what you described above, I would see this:

The symbols (RICS) are case-sensitive and incorrect. If you were to provide valid RICs, the command would execute.

Answers

• Hi @osmana pls try the following code: (your count was a str not an int) - i hope this can help

interval = 'hour'
    count = 75
    field=['open','high','low','close','volume']
    df3 = ek.get_timeseries(['IBM.N','AAPL.O'], field,interval=interval,count=count, corax='adjusted')
    df3
  • jason.ramchandani,

I made correct the count in my question. The count is integer in my code. But I am receiving 'Error code 1422', What is the meaning of the error code?

• As @nick.zincone.1 points out below the error response points to an issue with the list of RICS you are providing. I tried with the above RICS and the call completes no problem. How many RICS are you trying to request?

• nick.zincone.1

Normally, the code is running withuot this kind of error. For a couple of run, it did not run.

I checked the version then I updated to the 1.1.2. I will test again.

But, I don't understand the error 1422. Is there a reference(description) guide for error codes?

• Hi @osmana,

It is usually the case that an error code will come along with a useful description. I wouldn't worry too much about the actual code unless there is no useful description that comes along with it. For example, your error is:

"""eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 1422 | Can not process metadata for request: TimeSeries.rics - non-empty is required"""

When looking at the description states "TimeSeries.rics - non-empty is required" which tells me that there is something wrong with the symbols provided. In your case, all the symbols were wrong and by the time it hit the underlying system to process, no valid symbols were available. There are times that the Eikon Python library will not catch underlying system errors and pass them along to the user. However, it appears the latest version of the library 1.1.2 hid this code and thus provided a more intuitive answer.

• nick.zincone.1 Thank you so much. Everything is clear now.