UPA app: Request Rejected: Request message payload not supported on non-private streams

Hello Dev team,

I have a customer who is trying to switch from deployed TREP to hosted EaaS.

Their UPA application gets error messages -- see email below, second bullet point.

Any ideas?

They also have a news app which has issues but I think may be due to missing data permissioning.

THANKS Phil

---

Hi Philip,

I have re-tried our applications but was unable to receive any market data or news:

• the news RFA application does not get event stream closed now, but still there is no news input (after registering for MRN_STORY RIC with MMT_NEWS_TEXT_ANALYTICS msgModelType), e.g. at 14:48CET today 3/2.
  • our market data UPA application receives (many) Closed/Suspect/Usage error: "Request Rejected: Request message payload not supported on non-private streams." (streamState=4, dataState=2,code=5), after sending a RSSL_MC_REQUEST for RSSL_DMT_MARKET_PRICE by RICs, same as before the permissioning, e.g. at 14:40CET today 3/2.

Could you please check if we need any change in the way our applications log in and subscribe to market data and news? Or is something missing on your side?

---

Thank you,

Balazs Rozsas

Senior Software Engineer - Market Data

Interactive Brokers Hungary
13-14 Madach Imre Street, Budapest, 1075 Hungary
Phone: +36 1 445 0825

Cell/Mobile: +36 20-576-4654

Best Answer

• @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

With the hints you provided, the developer was able to fix the problem:

"I could track down the UPA issue RsslRequestMsg.msgBase.containerType being set to RSSL_DT_ELEMENT_LIST instead of RSSL_DT_NO_DATA, so we can also receive market data from the hosted EaaS port now."

This is great news, THANK YOU AGAIN for all your support! Phil

Answers