How to get the same results in python API as the one from DFO?

I execute below code to find the 'ISHARES MSCI AUSTRALIA ETF' symbol.

But I got nothing.

Then, I search the same keyword on Datastream Office. And then I got the following.

Q1. Using python API, how can I get the same results that I got from Datastream Office's?

Q2. And is there anything I can do to get and actually see more than 5 results through the DS.SYMBOLLLOOKUP in python API??

Q3. Can I get a list of variables that can be used in "fields" such as "DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP" in the first image? I could not find that list anywhere.

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Answer ✓

@sjh0724

From my testing, it is unable to lookup 'ISHARES MSCI AUSTRALIA ETF'. Therefore, for the first and third questions, you can directly contact the Datastream WebService support team via MyRefinitv for answers.

For the second question, I found an answer in this thread. You can use the Count parameter, such as DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP(Count=20) to get more than five results.

Answers

• As you mentioned, I contacted directly the Datastream WebService support team.

I got this reply.

• Okay. Let me try another method.

• Hi, it is advised that clients who want full coverage of Datastream's universe to use Navigator and the search tools available there. It is limited to only 5 returned values per search and cover extends to the below categories.

Bond Indices
    Bonds & Convertibles
    Commodities

Economics
    Equities
    Equity Indices
    Exchange Rates
    Interest Rates
    Investment Trusts
    Options

Unit Trusts
    Warrants